Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day

Mitch & Max flew to Reno to go to a team race in Tahoe this weekend. All was going well until the Reno airport closed down & cancelled all flights yesterday late afternoon. Mitch calls me to tell me this after they have been at the airport for hours waiting for their then "delayed" flight. He calls Southwest to rebook while others scramble to the ticket counter. So I don't hear from him for a while, I call him back - no answer - I know his phone is low on battery power. I call Max, he answers and tells me "we're not going to make it Mom. Our flight is cancelled but we saw someone we know."

Through cryptic 9 year old info. I find out they have miracuoulsy run into a friend of ours who now lives in Reno. Maureen O'Brien. We haven't seen her in YEARS! Not since she's been married, had two kids, and moved to Reno. But we do exchange Christmas card every year. She still consults in Palo Alto and was trying to fly to the Bay Area for a meeting on Monday morning. She takes Mitch, Max, another ski team dad and his twin 12 year-old boys to her house! They all sleep there and spent today with her & her family!

They're back at the airport now and should (fingers crossed) arrive tonight at 8:10. So much for the easy flight up to Tahoe....

No comments: